Monday 27 July 2015

Lichen landscapes

I recently spent a day with photographer Gilly Walker, who offers 'photo walk' workshops. I've been following her blog for a while and I like her approach to making images. I'd been feeling that I needed something to get me out of a bit of a rut with my own photography so I booked two of her photo walks (morning and afternoon, to make good use of having to travel all the way to Newark!). It made for a demanding and pretty exhausting day but it did what I wanted, which was to get me looking at things differently - it's turned out that this has been not only in taking photographs but in processing them, too.

And, by the way, if you ever have reason to be in Newark, I can highly recommend Compton House B&B (with excellent evening meals available and brilliant at managing special diets).

This is the first of a series of posts of some of the images resulting from that day.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive