Saturday 7 May 2016

Attempting bluebells

The bluebell woods near my home have been in fine show . . . but have proved frustrating to try to photograph. When I was able to go and spend time there, there was still strong sunlight through the trees, creating harsh and difficult contrasts. At a time when I thought the light would be softer, and I was free to go there, we had thunderstorms!

The photos I did get were difficult to process and - even more frustratingly - they look somewhat insipid on this website, after I'd laboured to get them appropriately coloured and saturated on my laptop.

So, if the heavy rain hasn't ruined all the flowers, I hope to get one more chance if there's better light to work with at a possible time for me. If that doesn't come together, then I shall have to wait until next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive