Tuesday 2 May 2017

Ufton Nature Reserve

An early May outing with my U3A photography group to a small local nature reserve, which I'd never visited before.

I didn't know which lens I might want to use but, thinking that there probably wouldn't be wide vistas or long views in a nature reserve, I fitted my 14/42 lens which happens to be the one I use the least, so I thought it would also be an interesting experiment. I took a long lens and a wide-angle lens with me but, as it happens, didn't use either of them and stayed with my first choice throughout.








As I was processing the morning's photos I found a few that I thought would work particularly well in monochrome.





After a couple of hours in the nature reserve, we went to the local pub for a little refreshment. The day was warm and sunny and the pub garden overlooked a wide view. I'd left my cameras in the car so just took my phone out of my pocket to capture the landscape.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive